DFM Ayalon briefs foreign ambassadors
On Sunday (20 March) PA negotiating chief Dr. Saeb Eriqat disclosed a document stating that the PA has decided to abandon the negotiating process and to appeal to the UN to initiate a unilateral step – recognition of a Palestinian state within the 1967 lines, with its capital in eastern Jerusalem.
DFM Ayalon commented on the Eriqat document: “Dr. Eriqat has unmasked Palestinian policy. The Palestinians have misinterpreted the messages from your countries. You have placed all the pressure on Israel and given an open check to the Palestinians, who have hardened their position. A unilateral track is one headed for collision. Considering the instability in the Middle East, it is important that the international community put pressure on the Palestinians to return to the negotiating table without any excuses. A Palestinian state will arise, as you well know, only as a result of negotiations with Israel and with the agreement of both sides.”
DFM Ayalon commented on the planned convoy: “The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has received information concerning plans for a massive and provocative convoy around the date of the anniversary of the Marmara [incident]. We ask the international community, and particularly the countries in which the convoy is being organized, to act to prevent it. The international community must act responsibly vis-à-vis the convoy’s organizers. It is possible to prevent the convoy through diplomatic means. There is no humanitarian crisis in Gaza and anyone interested in sending goods to Gaza can do so in coordination with Israel.”
Photo by the Deputy Foreign Minister's Bureau
- DFM Ayalon attended the annual Chabad conference in NYC
- "Support of the Palestinian request to upgrade their UN status equals to support in terror"
- "It is time to start speaking of Justice for Jews from Arab Countries"
- "I am a Refugee" campaign
- U.S.-Israel Strategic Dialogue
- DFM Ayalon and the Munich widows thank Australian Speaker of Parliament
- DFM Ayalon opens MFA legal conference in Paris
- Bilateral Commission btw the Holy See and Israel
- DFM Ayalon meets with US Under Secretary David Cohen
- Just One Minute
- "Tal Law is the true test of the new extended coalition"
- DFM Ayalon met China's Special Envoy to the Middle East
- DFM Ayalon in an official letter to the IOC
- First MFA conference on Jewish refugees from Arab countries
- DFM Ayalon met French FM Juppe and the Families of the Victims of the Terrorist Attack in Toulouse
- All posts