Why is Israel’s public advocacy failing? / Eli, Haifa
The rate of support for Israel varies from continent to continent. In the US and in India, for instance, the percentages hover steadily at around 70% support. In certain European countries the support percentages are much lower.
So the problem is not the message coming out from Israel but how it is perceived in various nations, based on our political connection with each particular nation.
Nevertheless, Israel is neither resting on its laurels nor giving up. Recent years have witnessed great strides in the coordination between various bodies dealing with the subject, in reaction times, and in using diversified channels of communication, including new media and social networks. I believe that Israeli advocacy must not only be reactive but also take the initiative. In this context, the Foreign Ministry is spearheading a flagship branding project that is designed to present Israel as it defines itself rather than by how it is defined by its enemies.
For more information on this project, please see
- Sources for 'The Truth About the Peace Process'
- Why isn't the Israeli government more flexible on the issue of the settlements?
- Regarding the recent reconciliation between Fatah and Hamas, is this agreement in Israel's interests and is it better the Palestinians speak in one voice during the negotiations?
- How do you see negotiations with an ultra-religious group like Hamas that believes everything must remain under Islamic rule?
- What is your reaction to Egypt's position regarding their role in Palestinian reconciliation and the opening of the Rafah crossing?
- Is Israel a "Jewish state" or a "State of the Jews" ? Do you view Judaism as a religion or a nation?" / Shmuel
- whats Israel's position on Palestinian state? Ibrahim Mansour
- What is the future for Israeli-Indian relations? / Utsav Sanduja, Canada
- Did the recent WikiLeaks revelations do any harm to Israel-US relations? / David, Michigan
- Why is Israel’s public advocacy failing? / Eli, Haifa
- All posts