DepFM Ayalon discusses Iranian threat with Under Secretary Sherman
"Israel and the U.S., in cooperation with the international community, are determined to prevent - and will prevent - a nuclear Iran."
Today, December 18, 2011, Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon met with Wendy Sherman, US Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs, who is currently in Israel for a series of meetings with foreign ministry and defense officials on the Iranian threat.
Since the publication of the latest IAEA report (November 2011), which presented a grim picture of the Iranian nuclear program, meetings with American officials on all levels have become more frequent. Last month Deputy FM Ayalon headed the Israeli delegation at the strategic dialogue in Washington, and also met with David Cohen, Under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence at the US Treasury, during his visit last month.
Ayalon's meeting with Under Secretary Sherman marks a further stage in the efforts of Israel and the United States to coordinate continued cooperation on the Iranian issue. Ayalon: "Israel and the U.S., in cooperation with the international community, are determined to prevent - and will prevent - a nuclear Iran."
Photo: Yossi Zamir/Flash 90
- DFM Ayalon attended the annual Chabad conference in NYC
- "Support of the Palestinian request to upgrade their UN status equals to support in terror"
- "It is time to start speaking of Justice for Jews from Arab Countries"
- "I am a Refugee" campaign
- U.S.-Israel Strategic Dialogue
- DFM Ayalon and the Munich widows thank Australian Speaker of Parliament
- DFM Ayalon opens MFA legal conference in Paris
- Bilateral Commission btw the Holy See and Israel
- DFM Ayalon meets with US Under Secretary David Cohen
- Just One Minute
- "Tal Law is the true test of the new extended coalition"
- DFM Ayalon met China's Special Envoy to the Middle East
- DFM Ayalon in an official letter to the IOC
- First MFA conference on Jewish refugees from Arab countries
- DFM Ayalon met French FM Juppe and the Families of the Victims of the Terrorist Attack in Toulouse
- All posts