Deputy FM Ayalon welcomes South Sudan President Salva Kiir
This is an historic, first visit by the president of this new country, the 193rd state recognized by the United Nations half a year ago.
On Monday (19 December) Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon received Salva Kiir, President of the Republic of South Sudan, on his arrival in Israel. This is an historic, first visit by the president of this new country, the 193rd state recognized by the United Nations half a year ago.
President Kiir arrived for a one-day visit accompanied by Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Nhial Deng Nhial, Minister of Defense and Veteran Affairs Gen. John Kong Nyuon, and Minister at the Office of the President Emmanuel Lowilla.
Deputy FM Ayalon told the visiting president: "Your choice of Israel for one of your first visits as president reflects the deep friendship and natural partnership between South Sudan and Israel. Ties between our two countries will continue to strengthen. There is great potential for cooperation between us, and your visit is very important in the establishment of cooperation in many fields, including economic relations, agriculture, water, energy, and more."
Ayalon added that South Sudan's achievement of independence through historic reconciliation, followed by acceptance as a member of the United Nations, is a worthy model for the Palestinians as well: "The story of your independence should serve as a shining example for all those who seek to achieve lasting peace in the Middle East. A state cannot come into being as a virtual entity."
Photo: Yossi Zamir
- DFM Ayalon attended the annual Chabad conference in NYC
- "Support of the Palestinian request to upgrade their UN status equals to support in terror"
- "It is time to start speaking of Justice for Jews from Arab Countries"
- "I am a Refugee" campaign
- U.S.-Israel Strategic Dialogue
- DFM Ayalon and the Munich widows thank Australian Speaker of Parliament
- DFM Ayalon opens MFA legal conference in Paris
- Bilateral Commission btw the Holy See and Israel
- DFM Ayalon meets with US Under Secretary David Cohen
- Just One Minute
- "Tal Law is the true test of the new extended coalition"
- DFM Ayalon met China's Special Envoy to the Middle East
- DFM Ayalon in an official letter to the IOC
- First MFA conference on Jewish refugees from Arab countries
- DFM Ayalon met French FM Juppe and the Families of the Victims of the Terrorist Attack in Toulouse
- All posts