DFM Ayalon met China's Special Envoy to the Middle East
Today, Tuesday (May 8th, 2012) Deputy Foreign Minister, Danny Ayalon, met with China's Special Envoy to the Middle East, Ambassador WU Sike as part of his second visit to the region.
Ayalon and his colleague discussed the various diplomatic and security issues while putting an emphasis on the Iranian nuclear issue.
DFM Ayalon urged the Special Envoy for China to re-examine its policy towards Iran and explained that "China should join the sanctions against Iran. We must not allow Iran to enrich uranium, all existing fissile material should be removed and an efficient inspection regime should be implemented. It is important to continue with increasing the diplomatic-economic pressure on Iran in order for it to bring about a change of its policy in the nuclear area and abide by its international commitments".
The Chinese Envoy, met earlier this week with PA president, Mahmoud Abbas, and also visited the United Emirates and Jordan during this trip to the region. On the issue of the peace talks, DFM Ayalon said that "Abu Mazen is busy playing "Hide and Seek" and is avoiding meeting face to face with Israel and starting direct talks".
DFM Ayalon thanked the Special Envoy on his various actions to promote the multifaceted relations between Israel and China and on his personal contribution to the establishment of Israeli-China relations 20 years ago.
In the photo (from right to left): the Special Envoy, China's Ambassador in Israel, DFM Ayalon
- DFM Ayalon attended the annual Chabad conference in NYC
- "Support of the Palestinian request to upgrade their UN status equals to support in terror"
- "It is time to start speaking of Justice for Jews from Arab Countries"
- "I am a Refugee" campaign
- U.S.-Israel Strategic Dialogue
- DFM Ayalon and the Munich widows thank Australian Speaker of Parliament
- DFM Ayalon opens MFA legal conference in Paris
- Bilateral Commission btw the Holy See and Israel
- DFM Ayalon meets with US Under Secretary David Cohen
- Just One Minute
- "Tal Law is the true test of the new extended coalition"
- DFM Ayalon met China's Special Envoy to the Middle East
- DFM Ayalon in an official letter to the IOC
- First MFA conference on Jewish refugees from Arab countries
- DFM Ayalon met French FM Juppe and the Families of the Victims of the Terrorist Attack in Toulouse
- All posts