DFM Ayalon meets with US Under Secretary David Cohen
Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon met today (Sunday, 3 June 2012) with his counterpart, David S. Cohen, Under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence, U.S. Department of the Treasury, who is responsible for the US administration’s sanctions against Iran.
The two discussed means of increasing sanctions against Iran in light of the Iranian refusal to comply with international demands to cease its nuclear armament program. The two also discussed the recent uncovering of Iran’s active support of the atrocities perpetrated by the Syrian regime.
DFM Ayalon emphasized that “Full implementation of the sanctions against the Central Bank of Iran and the oil embargo must be assured by 1 July 2012, the date these steps are due to go into effect.”
Ayalon also emphasized the need to expand the international coalition to increase pressure on Iran. He added that a demand must be made of these nations to join the struggle, and not violate or weaken the international effort to halt the Iranian nuclear program.
DFM Ayalon: “Israel and the United States are strategic partners in the struggle with Iran, which is an interest of the entire international community. We have reached a critical point in time that requires intensive and uncompromising action in the coming months.
Photo by Gideon Markowitz
- DFM Ayalon attended the annual Chabad conference in NYC
- "Support of the Palestinian request to upgrade their UN status equals to support in terror"
- "It is time to start speaking of Justice for Jews from Arab Countries"
- "I am a Refugee" campaign
- U.S.-Israel Strategic Dialogue
- DFM Ayalon and the Munich widows thank Australian Speaker of Parliament
- DFM Ayalon opens MFA legal conference in Paris
- Bilateral Commission btw the Holy See and Israel
- DFM Ayalon meets with US Under Secretary David Cohen
- Just One Minute
- "Tal Law is the true test of the new extended coalition"
- DFM Ayalon met China's Special Envoy to the Middle East
- DFM Ayalon in an official letter to the IOC
- First MFA conference on Jewish refugees from Arab countries
- DFM Ayalon met French FM Juppe and the Families of the Victims of the Terrorist Attack in Toulouse
- All posts